Sunday, May 28, 2017

Songs of the exile. Corrandes d'Exili.

Here you are:



I do this cover because I usually enjoy singing this song. This song was made by Lluís Llach, one of the most important singers of Catalonia. He did it using the lyrics of a poem of Joan Oliver, that was one of the greatest poets of the time of the exile, when thousands of people of Catalonia had to scape from fascists that were conquering their homeland and killing thousands of people that fell died on the roads and outskirts of the cities. The song expains the pain and the sadness of the writer, when he was crossing the Pirenees in the night with his wife, watching their steps to not being captured by the enemies, and leaving may be for ever their homeland towards France, where some months later Hitler would overrun and chase them too. So... they should keep scaping further than France, to Mexico.
This is my first try to sing this poem. I'll keep trying next summer, may be in "El Marquet de les Roques" a wonderfull modernist house in the middle of an awesome mountain, surrounded by forest. This house belonged to the family of Joan Oliver, and there he spent magic nights of poetry in the twenties. I could do a second try of singing this song in the house where I usually spend my vacation in summer in Masriudoms, or may be in the shore, beside a sea inlet, under the trees, where the waves and the cicadas sound do the chorus.

Do you want to come with me? If you sing with me it will sound better... sure!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

cookie compliance