Skip to main content

Interview to myself.



This is a practice of my learning english. I appreciate corrections.

1.- Tell me something you’re proud of.

I'm proud of nothing in my life. It would be better to say that I'm grateful. Yes... because all the things I have achieved come from the chance. I've had the opportunity of reaching many aims, a lot of objectives. I've had the tools, the means to get my wishes. I've had to strive to achieve what I have wanted, but... the capacity of striving is also a skill. This skill originates from genetic inheritance, from my parent's education, from the first childhood experiences... The ability of fighting, of working, of striving, of struggling... is a random inheritance.

-Yes… but… there are men and women that when they have the chance of achieving their aims… they don’t do… In this sense It would mean that people have merit or demerit according to their sloth or they effort…
-But why are they sloth or industrious? Do they decide it? And if they decide it? Why do they decide it? Can they decide any other thing? Are they capables for deciding any other thing? The capacity for deciding the right decission is also a gift, a skill. I can not be proud of this skill, because this skill depends on many random reasons.

2.- What makes you think you could do your job?

I have always had many difficulties to understand the lessons teachers taught me... because many of them were very bad teachers. I have overcome the obstacles they have put on my learning path, and so I know what a teacher must not do, what a teacher must do, how must he speak, how must he dominate the group, what difficulties the group is going to find, what weak points I have to attack... And I know all these things through the mistakes and the clumsiness of my old teachers.

3. What kind of leadership qualities do you have?

I don’t believe in leaderships. I think that the teacher of course must command. And a teacher of children, of young people, have a lot of skills to command without authoritarianism. Perhaps he will have to show his autority the first day, or the first week… but afterwards, the authority will have to diminish… The teacher is older, is wiser, should be more empathetic than any of his pupils… all this skills allow him to work without a constant use of authority. I think leadership is an important matter when we are talking about groups of persons that have a similar age and matureness. A teacher must be a bit like a father… by my point of view.

4.- Why did you leave your last job?

Well, really, I left it voluntarily. I was sitting on the top of a hydrochloric acid tank, in Madrid, under a burden august sun, and I told my self “What I’m doing here? Working day by day only to produce paper? Sheets of paper that will be thrown to the ground of the streets? All my mind, my skills, my empathy, my poetry, my humanity… sacrificed to enrich the bank accounts of the owners of this factory?” After these thoughts, I decided to be a writter and a teacher, and I got off the tank, and went to the personnel department to say that I went away.

5.- Do you have any skills or hobbies you think might be useful for this job?

Yes. I write. I like to imagine situations. I like to invent games, strategies. I like to work the times and the staging of a class. I like young people. I like the way of being of the children. Teens, preteens. I think that they have skills that afterwards they will loose, interesting skills… creativity, spontaneity, happiness, essential sincerity (not about details but about feelings) they usually don’t use a mask, it’s easy for me to know what are their feelings, and how are their thoughts… this ease makes my work more simple.

6.- What do you think is your greatest fault?

I’m too self-dependent, too self-contained, too self-sufficient… and so… It’s no easy for me to relate with adult people, with contributors… In general, in my life, not only in my job, my wishes of independace and freedom push me to break relations with friends or with people that don’t accept a high level of freedom in a relation. I’m happy alone. I like people but if I have to choose between people and freedom I preffer freedom. So… I have very few friends, but I’m happy.

7.- How do you feel about spending time away from home?

It’s very important for me to live usually in my home, with my family. I could sporadically travel far away, but no more than a week every three months. I preffer time than money. I preffer a job with a low salary but a lot of free time than a job with a high salary but many busy hours in a day.

8.- What do you see yourself doing in five year’s time?


The same than now, but in english. I like what I do, more than any other job in the world. I am where I want to be. If I won the lottery, I would do what I’m doing. But if the life changed in the future, I’m sure I would find a way of doing what I’m doing now, or very similar.  
.
.
.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nudity is not promiscuity. Naturists are not swingers.

Many people confuse nudity with sexuality; but human sexuality is present in all parts of human body, not only in the covered areas.
In my case, I defend the exercise of a responsible sexuality within the family. I believe in freedom, of course, and everyone can do what he wants, but in my personal life, sexuality belongs to family; it is a matter of my wife and me.  On the other hand, I think that a united family is the best place where children can grow up. I think that love should be present in all human relationships. When I say love, I mean really the love, empathy, will of good for people I love. Feeling is neither the cause nor the essence of love. Feeling is an usual result of love. But love is more than feeling . I can say that I love you  when I want all the good for you, in spite that the good for you doesn't mean a pleasure for me, in spite that the good for you means an effort for me. I bathe naked on the beach, and I sunbathe naked, that's true... but I do not prete…

Cañuelo Beach (Tarifa) (Cádiz) Andalucia.

Today I'm not going to write about a Catalan beach, but about Cañuelo beach, in Tarifa (Cadiz) Andalucia. In this beach, we can see a soft continuity between forest and sand. Any paved road is far away. Free nakedness is mixed with swimsuits. Here we have freedom to dress or undress. Sun is reflected on the deep blue sea and on the green pines. When summer dies, winter dress landscape in gala. The Sea grows dark and It bedecks with white handkerchieves.   

Beach is longer than two hundred metres; at ten o'clock, It is immersed in a bright solitude.




At one o'clock, beach is full. Naked people, dressed people... Freedom is chaotic. Uniformity is a consequence of imposition. We must walk along five or six quilometers to escaping from paradise and go back to the civilitation. The path follows a narrow line between the hills of a mountain steeped in beauty.


Sometimes we fear big animals that eat near path. They also fear us.

We see a big sand dune in the distance. The dune emerge fr…

Our society is trapped in the quick-sands of fear

Scott Fitzgerald would writte «the bright tan prayer rug of a beach» to express a feeling that it hardly can be expressed. When we talk about natural beauty we are really talking about our mother, our origin, the source of our being; and not only of our body but our inmost being. The shape of our naked body reveals the paintbrush of a misterious beauty. Here we are a reality beyond the physical interest or the material sensations. Sadly, some people who approach to naturism are trapped on the surface of the matter. We have an iceberg and some times we think that the ice is just the ice mountain outside the sea. What we see dazzles us, but some times it also blinds us. On the other side, we have a society fearing its own being; a society that wears a mask. Where is your voice, society, when you talks as if what you say was the script of a perfect play? Why do you fear your natural voice? Who does tell the truth if everybody says what society wants to hear? I often experience an empt…